The week of April 16, 2018 is the Week of the Young Child. To celebrate, Save the Children Action Network volunteers and Student Ambassadors from around the country are organizing a week of action in support of increased funding for Head Start and Early Head Start.
Organizing around the theme “Head Start Builds Bright Futures,” we will demonstrate broad public support for expanding this effective program. This page includes a variety of resources to help you plan your week of action activities. We will continue to post resources in the coming weeks.
- Week of Action worksheet for Community Action Teams and SCAN clubs
- Week of Action worksheet for all other volunteers and students
About Head Start and Early Head Start
- Head Start factsheet
- State-by-state factsheets, courtesy of the National Head Start Association (Scroll to the bottom to find the state-specific factsheets)
Snap Advocacy Resources
Engaging Your Member of Congress
Event and Outreach Materials
- Organizing a film screening or educational panel
- Download PowerPoint presentation on Head Start and Early Head Start with speaker notes
- Sample letter to the editor and tips for how to write a great letter
- Social Media Toolkit
- Shareable graphics: graphic one, graphic two and graphic three
To learn more, please contact [email protected].